Break-Up Pasta is a creamy 3-cheese spaghetti recipe made with butter, garlic, cream, broth, Italian cheeses, spices and tossed into spaghetti. This is the best creamy spaghetti recipe known to help cure a breakup!
This paste is called BREAK UP PASTA for a reason.
Do you remember your hardest break? Of course, I remember mine and still see myself… sitting all day sweating, feeling sorry for myself and listening to sad love songs. Breakups are the worst.
Luckily, it’s been a while since my heart was broken (thank god I’ve been married to my sweetheart for over 25 years), but I remember those times clearly.
Now I have three teenagers and one 21 year old who just graduated from college, so I have witnessed many of their hard days. And as mothers all over the world know… when you are a mother, your heart hurts along with your children. So I became adept at breaking out of comfort foods!
I learned the value of serious comfort food! Anytime one of my kids or friends of my kid’s heart breaks, I just grab macaroni and chocolate brownies or cookies…two of my favorite comforting foods. A huge bowl of pasta, some chocolate, and being surrounded by people who love and care for you can do wonders…maybe even heal your broken hearts!
These butter and cheese spaghetti are a huge bowl of comfort food that just makes you feel like everything is going to be okay… after all. 🙂
This creamy pasta is made with butter, garlic, cream, broth, Italian cheese blend and added to spaghetti. This breakup paste is so easy to make when you just don’t feel like doing anything!
What are the ingredients in Break-Up Pasta?
- heavy cream
- Chicken bouillon
- Italian cheeses
- salt + pepper
- Herbs for decoration
Can I Reheat These Creamy Three Cheese Spaghetti?
Yes! These creamy spaghetti make delicious leftovers. Since this sauce contains cream and butter, the sauce may boil when cold. When you’re ready to heat it up, I suggest adding some water to the bowl or pan until the sauce reaches your desired creamy consistency.
What can you serve this Break Up Pasta with?
I love pairing it with dishes like Marry me or Lemon butter chicken in a frying pan. You can also pair it with grilled steak or shrimp and vegetables. You can make it more satisfying by slicing grilled marinated chicken breast over pasta. My The best chicken marinade recipe can be found HERE.
If you are looking for a killer Recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo, click HERE.
What types of cheese are in the Italian cheese mix?
The Italian cheese mixes you can find at your local grocery store may vary by brand. Grated Italian cheese blends usually consist of a blend of the following cheeses: parmesan, mozzarella, provolone, romano, asiago, and fontina. Check the ingredient list to see which cheeses are in the Italian Cheese Blend. The cheese mix with parmesan, romano and asiago has a strong taste. A mixture of Italian Parmesan cheese, mozzarella and provolone will be a mixture of taste and creaminess thanks to mozzarella.
How to make the famous Break Up Pasta:
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water generously. This is the key to bringing flavor and salt to the pasta as it cooks. When water boils, add spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup salted water for pasta. This pasta water is starchy and salty and will be used to dilute the sauce.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat.. Add butter and garlic and cook for 1 minute ONLY. Garlic can burn quickly, so make chicken broth and cream to add to the pan. Add cream and chicken broth. Add ½ cup salted pasta water (add more later if you want a thinner sauce).
- Add cheese in small batches, stirring after each addition.. If you add the cheese all at once, it may stick together. I like to use a whisk to keep the sauce smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spaghetti to skillet and stir to coat. If you want a thinner sauce, add more settled pasta water if needed.
- When ready to servegarnish with freshly ground pepper, fresh parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.