While UK weather cannot be guaranteed, Weber predicts the nation will continue to enjoy hot summers and expects to see more ambitious grilling creations on the rise.
Weber, a global leader in outdoor cooking innovation, technology and products, is touring some of the National Garden Centers with its grill instructors to share tips and tricks with attendees on how to get the best out of your barbecue this year. .
With pizza and juicy steaks ready, chefs will create gourmet dishes to help enthusiasts expand their repertoire and impress al fresco dining guests.
Dan Cooper, Head Griller at Weber, said: “Barbecuing is gaining momentum and with additional holidays this year, you have plenty of reasons to get together with friends and family for al fresco dining. Weber has noticed a real interest in new ways to BBQ, so we’ll be hitting the road this summer and visiting Weber World Garden centers to help people get the best BBQ experience.”
For more information or to express your interest in Discover Weber events near you, please visit discovery-weber.com.
To try your hand at cooking new Discover Weber-inspired BBQ dishes, try these two top recipes:
Classic Italian pizza
15 g fresh yeast (about 5 g dry yeast)
350-400g mozzarella or cheese of your choice
Toppings of your choice, eg. olives, pepperoni, mushrooms, artichokes
1. Mix water, beer, oil and yeast. Add durum flour and salt and mix well. Add the Italian flour little by little until the dough has the right consistency.
2. Divide the dough into pieces of 150 g for a mini pizza or 250 g for a larger pizza.
3. Form each piece of dough into a nice ball, cover with cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least three hours before using.
4. Roll out the dough and cover with tomato sauce, cheese, filling and more cheese – in that order.
1. Prepare the grill for direct heat. Place the GBS pizza stone on the GBS cooking grate and let it heat up for 15 minutes.
2. Put the pizza pan on the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes until done.
3. Note: the more toppings you add, the longer the pizza will cook. Make sure the crust doesn’t burn on the bottom.
Juicy steaks with Bursa oil
30g Boursin with garlic herbs flavor
1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 beef fillet steaks of the highest quality, each weighing about 200 g
250 g bunch of asparagus, trimmed, blanched and drained
16 cherry tomatoes on a branch
2. Whisk butter, boursen, parsley and seasonings together and roll into a roll using cling film.
3. Refrigerate until it is firm enough to be cut into four slices.
1. Season the fillet steaks, brush lightly with olive oil and fry over direct, high heat for three to five minutes on each side, turning once.
2. Remove the steaks from the grill, add a piece of Boursain butter, cover with foil and let sit for five minutes. This allows the juice to settle (for a fuller flavor) and the oil to melt the meat.
3. Toss asparagus tips and cherry tomatoes in olive oil and grill for a couple of minutes on each side. Season to taste and serve with steaks.
Weber World stores are garden centers that carry a full range of barbecues and accessories, as well as exclusive products such as the 2022 Genesis gas barbecues and a brand new line of accessories called WEBER CRAFTED that takes outdoor cooking to a new level of discovery. and food research.
Offering an unrivaled shopping experience, with personalized support from Weber’s team of experts, diners can get advice on choosing the right barbecue based on their preferred cooking method, as well as tips on how to perfect certain dishes and barbecue recipes.
For more information or to express your interest in Discover Weber events, please visit discovery-weber.com.